In this SUERF-Baffi Bocconi Webinar, which took place on 4 Dec 2020, Morten Bech, Centre Head – Switzerland, BIS Innovation Hub, and Ulrich Bindseil, Director General Market Infrastructure and Payments, ECB, gave presentations on current work within their institutions on the development of CBDC. Dirk Niepelt, Professor at the University of Bern and Director of the Study Center Gerzensee, moderated an extensive and lively Q&A session with the over 200 participants.
– What drives recent increased momentum towards CBDC?
– What are the key problems/challenges and opportunities related to CBDC?
– Who would decide about the introduction of CBDC in the euro area and elsewhere?
– How will CBDC affect banks’ business models?
– Will CBDC mean the end of privacy?
– Will, and