Tuesday , February 18 2020
Home / Tag Archives: USD/CHF (page 40)

Tag Archives: USD/CHF

FX Weekly Review, September 26-30: Dollar vulnerable at the Start of Q4, CHF collapses at Quarter End

Summary The US dollar fell against most of the major currencies in Q3.  The Norwegian krone was the best performer, gaining 4.4% against the greenback.  It was helped by higher oil prices and a shift away from an easing bias by the central bank.  The relatively high interest rates offered by Australia and New Zealand underpinned their currencies, which gained 2.7% and 2.0% respectively. The dollar rose against three...

Read More »

FX Weekly Review, September 12 – September 16: Bad week of CHF Index against Dollar Index

This week we focus on the charts, we omit the technical explanations, given that Marc Chandler is currently on a two-weeks trip. The dollar was surprisingly strong this week. This despite a more hawkish ECB, bad U.S. economic data in the ISM surveys. Swiss Franc Currency Index The Swiss Franc index had a bad week with a bad Friday. The dollar index rose at the end. Swiss Franc Index Trade-weighted index Swiss...

Read More »

FX Weekly Review, September 05 – September 09: Dollar Proves Resilient as Market Rates Rise

Swiss Franc Currency Index The Swiss Franc index remained mostly unchanged during the last week: Some gains against the dollar, but losses versus the euro. Since Tuesday the euro moved upwards against CHF. Given thatSwiss GDP was stronger than the one in the euro zone, this is surprising. But we must recognize that Draghi could be the reason. Inflation forecasts of 1.2% in 2017 and 1.8% in the euro zone would mean...

Read More »

FX Weekly Review, August 15 – August 19: Swiss Franc index improves 5% compared to dollar index

Swiss Franc Currency Index The Swiss Franc index gained nearly 3% last week, while the dollar index lost over 2%. This gives a total gain of 5%. Swiss Franc Index (see more posts on Swiss Franc Index) Click to enlarge. Swiss Franc Currency Index (3 years) The Swiss Franc index is the trade-weighted currency performance (see the currency basket) On a three years interval, the Swiss Franc had a weak performance....

Read More »

FX Weekly Review, August 08 – August 12: Finally an Improvement of the CHF Index

Swiss Franc Currency Index The CHF index experienced its first good week since many weeks, when we compare it against the dollar index. It is up 1.25%, while the USD index lags with -0.50%. Click to enlarge. Swiss Franc Currency Index (3 years) The Swiss Franc index is the trade-weighted currency performance (see the currency basket) On a three years interval, the Swiss Franc had a weak performance. The dollar...

Read More »

FX Weekly Review, August 01 – August 05: Does the Jobs Report Give the Greenback Legs?

Swiss Franc Currency Index Our weekly comparison with the dollar index: The positive performance of the Swiss franc index was reversed on Friday. Finally the dollar index had a better week than the Swiss Franc index. Click to enlarge. Swiss Franc Currency Index (3 years) The Swiss Franc index is the trade-weighted currency performance (see the currency basket) On a three years interval, the Swiss Franc had a...

Read More »

FX Weekly Review, July 25 – July 29: Dollar Hobbled; Technicals Warn of More Losses

Swiss Franc Currency Index The Swiss Franc continued its bad performance against the dollar index that started with Brexit until the middle of the week. From the mid of the week the two indices converged again, because the U.S. had two bad data releases: Click to enlarge. Swiss Franc Currency Index (3 years) The Swiss Franc index is the trade-weighted currency performance (see the currency basket) On a three...

Read More »

FX Weekly Review, July 18 – July 22: Will the FOMC Halt the Dollar’s Advance?

Swiss Franc Currency Index The Swiss Franc continues its bad performance against the dollar index that started with Brexit. Click to enlarge. Swiss Franc Currency Index (3 years) The Swiss Franc index is the trade-weighted currency performance (see the currency basket) On a three years interval, the Swiss Franc had a weak performance. The dollar index was far stronger. The dollar makes up 40% of the SNB...

Read More »